The communication component of Zendesk Chat is known as live chat, and the add-on product that makes up Zendesk Chat is a component of the Zendesk product suite. Zendesk Chat was formerly known as Zopim, a well-liked chat application that was acquired by Zendesk relatively quickly after it became available.
Now, there are a lot of reviews available online for Zendesk Chat, and many of them say that it is a cost-effective product that has a pricing plan that is reasonable. You will quickly discover, with just a little bit of background information and a calculator, that this is one of the chatbot options that comes with the highest price tag available.
To begin, Zendesk Chat does not come equipped with a chatbot by default. To use Zendesk Chat “out of the box,” so to speak, you will need the assistance of a real person because it is a live chat widget. If you want an actual chatbot, you’ll need a developer to build it for you using the ‘Conversations API’ from Zendesk and AI-powered chatbot providers from third-party companies.
With Zendesk Chat and the other products offered by Zendesk, it is not at all impossible to create a fantastic chatbot and a set of business tools that will prove to be extremely helpful. You are more than welcome to. If this is the case, however, you need to be aware that the only thing you will be purchasing is not simply Zendesk Chat.
In the end, when comparing Zendesk Chat to other live chat platforms, if you are not already using or planning to use the full suite of Zendesk products, Zendesk Chat is not the product you’re looking for.
The default configuration of the Zendesk Chat widget is relatively simple. You can, however, make this standard chat window appear quite a bit more sophisticated with the assistance of a software developer and the Zendesk Chat Software Development Kit (SDK).
Use Zendesk’s Application Programming Interface (API) to incorporate AI-powered bots into Chat. Chatbot software enables you to gather information from site visitors and immediately connect them with the appropriate individuals. It also provides automated responses to questions that are frequently asked. Conversations with chatbots should be transferred to human agents for handling more difficult or sensitive tasks.
Customers should be sent messages that are both targeted and based on their behavior. For instance, you can assist customers in completing their purchases by automatically contacting them via chat and offering assistance.
In-person and online pre-chat forms
Use pre-chat forms to ask site visitors for their contact information before beginning a chat session with them, or use offline forms to ensure that customers can contact you even when you are not available to chat with them.
Keep an eye on the people who visit your website and the pages they look at. It enables improved targeting of specific users as well as the timing of engagement with those users.
Keep an eye on the number of chats taking place, keep an eye on how productive your agents are, and analyze the metrics to better satisfy your customers.
Keep an eye on live data regarding the number of chats, the experience of visitors, and the performance of agents. Establish business goals to determine how frequently your customers achieve target objectives, such as making a purchase or signing up for your newsletter, and use these objectives as a measure of your company’s success.
Make it so that incoming chats are automatically assigned to agents who are currently online. This guarantees that your customers will receive timely support and that your agents won’t be overwhelmed by the volume of their work.
You can provide more context for your conversations by adding tags to your chats. Over time, this helps agents develop a deeper understanding of the visitors and customers they serve.
Make use of response templates for frequently asked questions so that you can provide prompt responses to customers.
Chat agents are able to continue providing support from their mobile devices thanks to the availability of chat apps for both Android and iPhone.
Create different teams for your agents to work on based on the skills, languages, areas of expertise, or brands they specialize in.
Agents’ permissions can be customized, and you can exercise complete control over the features to which they have access in Zendesk Chat.
However, Zendesk Chat only supports a limited number of integrations. The vast majority of the apps that you can add-on to your chat were developed by Zendesk; if you want a different integration, you will need to build it yourself in conjunction with a developer.
The Conversations API from Zendesk enables you to incorporate bots into your Zendesk Chat sessions. Because the API is modifiable, you will be able to tailor your chatbots to your specific requirements as your business develops. You are able to incorporate bots into the conversation by using the API.
Actually, Zendesk Chat collaborates with a number of well-known chatbot partners, including Ada and Aivo, both of which were included on our list of the ‘Best AI Chatbots of 2020.’ BotXO and Netomi are two of the other chatbot providers that Zendesk’s API is compatible with.
In addition, Zendesk Chat comes with both a web and mobile SDK. You’ll be able to provide your site visitors with a one-of-a-kind and consistent experience if you build a chat widget for end users using the web software development kit (SDK). You can add a live chat feature to your mobile app by working with a developer and using the mobile software development kit (SDK).
As you can see, the pricing for Zendesk Chat is relatively straightforward, and although it appears inexpensive at first glance, it has the potential to become quite pricey very quickly. What you really need to keep in mind, however, is that Zendesk Chat pricing is only for Zendesk’s chat feature, which does not come with an AI-powered chatbot, nor does it come with any of the other many Zendesk products, which are what makes Zendesk Chat such a useful tool. Therefore, the prices listed here are just a point of departure.
If you go with Zendesk Chat, you’ll need Zendesk’s flagship product, which is a piece of software that helps businesses manage their customer service interactions. The pricing information for Zendesk Support can be found down below.
So, for the sake of argument, let’s say that Zendesk Support and Zendesk Chat (with the “Lite” version of Talk and Guide already included) are sufficient for your needs. However, the Lite version of Zendesk Chat is not particularly useful, so let’s upgrade to the Professional plan of Zendesk Chat along with the Enterprise plan of Zendesk Support. In addition, let’s say that we have ten people who need to use the platform, and let’s say that we can estimate that the cost for this alone is going to be at the very least 1,280 dollars per month. However, this is only the beginning of what is going to be required to cover the costs of this.
Now that you’ve thought about it, factor in the fact that it’s likely going to be necessary for you to purchase an additional Zendesk product in order to get all of the functionality you want.
You should also keep in mind that in order to build and customize everything to your specifications, you will absolutely need to employ or delegate the work of one of your own developers. That’s not going to be a cheap option, and it’s going to require a significant amount of time.
You still do not have a chatbot that is powered by artificial intelligence, which is the most important factor. Even after doing all of that, it appears that you do not actually have a chatbot; therefore, you will need to select one of the four chatbot partners that Zendesk collaborates with.
The fact of the matter is that it is impossible to know exactly how much Zendesk Chat will cost you each month until after you have already invested a significant amount of time and effort into using the service. On the other hand, we are aware that the cost will be on par with that of enterprise software!
- Integration with other Zendesk products in a seamless manner. The most notable advantage of Zendesk Chat is its ability to integrate with the other products in the Zendesk product suite.
- SDK to customize chat window: Even though the majority of the top chatbot builders include tools that make it simple to personalize your chat widget, Zendesk Chat at least provides an SDK that enables a great deal of customization with the assistance of a programmer.
- Analytics: Zendesk Chat offers in-depth analytics, and the company sends a report of the analytics gathered each week to your email inbox. Check out the Features section up top for more information in this regard.
- Free plan and reasonable pricing (for Chat): Zendesk Chat, when used independently as a product, has pricing that is reasonable. Despite this, Zendesk Chat won’t be what you end up paying for in the end. Instead, Zendesk wants you to use all of its products, including the helpdesk that serves as the company’s cornerstone. The pricing of Zendesk is based on the number of agents who use the Chat feature. If you have a large number of agents, this can work against you because the pricing is determined by this factor.
- Apps: Zendesk has apps available for desktop, iOS, and Android
- Support for customers: Zendesk offers customer support that is available around the clock, five days a week.
- Outdated appearance and feel: One thing that some of the most successful web chat applications have in common is a contemporary and even forward-looking user interface and user experience (UI/UX). The appearance and operation of Zendesk are clumsy, out of date, and unimpressive. You’re stuck with an unattractive chat window if you don’t get some real customization with the help of a developer. This could turn off potential users.
- Integrations: Zendesk Chat only supports a limited number of integrations at this time. The users of Zendesk Chat are encouraged to use other applications that are part of the Zendesk platform. You are only allowed to select one of the ten different integrations that are compatible with Zendesk. Some of these integrations include Jira, Salesforce, Highrise, and Sugar CRM.
- You will need to integrate AI-powered bots into Chat via the API because Zendesk Chat does not offer real chatbots out of the box. You will need to build that integration using Zendesk’s API in order to give your chat widget the ability to use machine learning and chatbot technology.
- Not a useful product unless you’re on Professional or Enterprise plans: Unfortunately, if you want access to the helpful features that Zendesk Chat has to offer, you will need to be on a plan that is Premium or higher. You would need to upgrade to the Premium plan, for instance, in order to access the real-time monitoring and analytics features. There are other live chat platforms that provide this level of analytics at price points that are significantly lower.
On the surface, Zendesk Chat gives the impression of being a straightforward and low-cost chat widget that you can incorporate into your website. Additionally, it has the potential to be a very beneficial product for your company if you have access to a programmer and the time and patience necessary to customize and create the ideal chatbot for your company.
It is unfortunate that in order to create something that is truly useful for a serious business, Zendesk Chat is anything but inexpensive. The other reviews that you will find online are clearly from people who do not understand what needs to go into this product in order to get a great result.
You will need to make use of third-party chatbots and integrate them into Zendesk Chat by way of the Zendesk Conversations API in order to get the most out of using Zendesk Chat. This begs the question, “Why not just go with a chatbot platform that already comes with these capabilities?”