You can select a cheap VPS hosting for whatever requirements you have, so VPS or cloud hosting is the most suitable choice for any website. Maybe you are a beginner, but I do not recommend shared hosting for any kind of website.
Also, I never suggest low-cost, shared, or misleading web hosting. NewfoldDigital owns and manages hosting companies like Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, and ResellerClub. Here is the complete list.
It would be best to avoid them because It is recognized that they provide a low-quality and cramped web server. These are only a few of the well-known web hosting providers. I cannot suggest HostPapa, Godaddy, Namecheap, or any old-average hosting provider with a slow TTFB.
Switching to a VPS or cloud hosting is the best option once you’ve achieved enough experience. VPS has separate reliable spaces, but hardware resources are still a shared process. You will not receive dedicated hardware, but you can get fixed web resources.
10 Cheapest VPS Hosting Providers
You currently have several choices if you need the cheapest VPS hosting provider for your project. The hosting always impacts your website’s performance. Maybe your preference is affordable, but there is not enough performance with the cheapest VPS.
So it would be best if you chose your hosting provider cheaply, even with the best performance. The prevalence of VPS hosting is unmanaged. Operating it also takes some technical knowledge. It doesn’t matter if you’re a developer or have some experience in the profession.
Unmanaged VPS configuration may be challenging for beginners. That is more affordable than managed servers. But managed hosting is expensive because of the maintenance charges. (Control panel, Security, Licenses, Support).
For example, Contabo hosting is inexpensive, but the service is unmanaged. An unmanaged server comes at no extra charge. I frequently recommend a fully managed service if you are a newbie or don’t realize it, but others prefer unmanaged. Read Additions – Image Optimization Plugins
The Benefits and Drawbacks of VPS Hosting
VPS server has many advantages over other types of hosting services due to its unique environment. Some of the primary benefits of using VPS hosting are as follows.
- You don’t want to give server resources to others.
- The host adds an extra layer to the server to separate you from other users.
- In comparison to shared hosting, you are granted higher resources.
- You have more control of your web server and can configure it to fit your needs.
- VPS provides better stability than shared and application hosting.
- A virtual server can scale to your requirements.
- VPS server gives the user root access.
But even though VPS hosting has many upsides, it also has some downsides. Some of the most significant downsides of VPS hosting are as follows:
- You need some technical knowledge to use unmanaged.
- It is more costly than shared hosting.
- Unmanaged server support isn’t great.
- The physical web resource is still shared.
- You’ll face difficulties scalability your site quickly if you need to.
- When a physical server fails, the VPS on that host also fails.
So let’s look at some affordable VPS hosting and alternatives.
Contabo is a VPS cheapest Web hosting provider that distributes machines all around the world. It’s an excellent choice for people looking for a low-cost way to host their websites on VPS and dedicated platforms. Contabo is at the top of my list because their industrial prices are so low that you won’t find them anywhere else.
1. Contabo VPS Features
- There are no additional fees for traffic.
- Monitoring is available in real-time.
- Configuration of DNS using a web interface
- Snapshot Technology with DDoS Protection
- They offer an NVMe drive.
- The data center is in eight places.
- Choose from Linux or Windows Server.
2. Contabo Negatives
- Contabo lacks a live chat option.
- No fully managed service.
- You’ll have to pay extra for additional services.
- Expensive Windows VPS.
- Additional setup fees for below the 12-month plans.
- You’ll have to pay an additional (1.5 USD for the USA and $3 for Singapore).
- It also doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee.
3. Contabo VPS Pricing
Contabo is known as the “VPS King” since its starter package includes a four-core processor and eight GB of Memory with between $6 and $10. Contabo also offers standard web hosting with Cpanel for $4 per month.
For VPS cheapest hosting, Hostwind is a good option. Hostwinds was founded in 2010 and owned all of its servers and operations. That is positive because most prominent hosting companies use reseller services for their servers.
One of the essential qualities to consider when it comes to hosting servers is reliability. In this competitive marketplace, HostWind Services promises to have the greatest uptime. Hostwind has VPS hosting options, including
- Fully Managed Linux VPS Hosting.
- Unmanaged Windows VPS
- Fully Managed Windows VPS
- Unmanaged Linux VPS Hosting
It is critical to host close to your viewers to avoid performance issues. The closer the visitor is to the website, the faster the data transfer. Hostwinds has dependable data centers, but only three (Dallas, Seattle, and Amsterdam).
1. Hostwind VPS Features
- Nightly backups and access anytime.
- Real-time monitoring for all VPS servers.
- Automatically open a support ticket for a problem.
- Free Website Migration.
- SSD-based servers.
- Root access to the complete control server.
- 99.9% server uptime guarantee.
- You can use Linux or Windows.
- Live Chat and ticket support.
- Enterprise Firewall.
- You can scale up or down your resources.
2. Hostwinds Negatives
- They have negative reviews of their technical support.
- No Asian Data Center.
- The high renewal price.
- Contracts with short terms have a temporary refund period.
3. Hostwinds VPS Prices
Pricing starts at Unmanaged Linux at $4.99/mo and Fully Managed Linux at $8.24/mo (1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 30 GB Storage, and 1 TB Bandwidth).
The very first subscription is eligible for a promotional discount. The payment renews at a high rate after the purchasing cycle; for example, $8.24/mo will become USD 10.99.
3. Krystal UK
Krystal Web Hosting is an ideal hosting service company based in the United Kingdom. Krystal provides a cloud-based virtual private server. The Katapult is powered by the Krystal VPS service, one of the most durable providers.
Their web hosting has good uptime and TTFB but is not recommended for Asian customers because there are no Asian data centers. Krystal’s customer support is attractive in a variety of methods.
Krystal has a 60-day money-back policy, which means they’re positive to cancel your subscription after that period. Trustpilot review is excellent about their support system.
1. Krystal VPS Features
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Automated DDoS protection.
- Full Root Access and SSH.
- A Kernel-based Virtual Machine.
- Cloud-based fast NVMe flash storage.
- A 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Free monthly backup and snapshot.
- Up and down at any time, server resource.
2. Krystal Negatives
- Limited Data Centers (the only UK and US).
- VAT is 20% in the United Kingdom.
3. Krystal VPS Pricing
Cloud VPS (CPU 1, Memory 1, SSD Space 25: £11.99 VAT Included)
Due to its slow TTFB and outdated technologies, Dreamhost is not a provider I recommend. Nevertheless, with over 20 years of experience as a hosting provider, Dreamhost is an effective hosting service and provides fully managed VPS hosting.
They host over 1M+ websites on their servers, provide fair-cycle hosting services, and nearly 100 countries use DreamHost. According to w3techs.com, Dreamhost processes websites while a web hosting provider is close to 0.6 of the entire website.
However, Dreamhost VPS has some advantages over shared hosting; Dreamhost shared hosting is never recommended, and you will have a slow experience. They continue to use Apache servers. But VPS Hosting has chosen Nginx and the latest PHP version.
Another significant disadvantage of Dreamhost data centers is that they are exclusively located in the United States, resulting in latency in other locations. As a result, you should always concentrate on the closest data center.
1. DreamHost VPS Features
- The control panel is quick and easy to use.
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- A free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
- Unlimited email to all domains.
- Latest Software Updates (Patches, Ubuntu, PHP, and WordPress).
- Give access to your trusted users.
- Decide between Apache and Nginx.
- The latest PHP version.
- Technical assistance from a specialist.
- High-performance SSD drives (not the fattest)
- Start at a minimum and quickly scale up.
2. DreamHost Negatives
- The average speed and performance.
- No global data centers.
- Dreamhost does not provide live chat support 24 hours a day.
- No Windows VPS and no Cpanel or others.
3. DreamHost VPS Prices
Pricing starts at $10/mo with 1 GB RAM and one core for a three-year plan. If you want a one-month plan, pricing starts at $15 a month.
According to w3techs.com, A2Hosting runs as a web hosting provider for at least 0.5% of the entire website. A2 VPS hosting includes two types: managed and unmanaged. On the other hand, their managed hosting is pricey, but their unmanaged hosting is reasonable compared to other networks.
A2’s TTFB is good, but A2’s uptime statistics aren’t the greatest in the industry. I’ve noticed that their dependability percentages have dropped. In addition, your site may be unavailable for hours at a time, which isn’t perfect.
1. A2Hosting’s All VPS Features
- Full Root Access
- High-performance SSD drives
- Free Web Migration
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Free Dedicade IP Adress
- The Linux Custom Operating System
- Start small and increase your resources.
- Worldwide data center
- The Webuzo software installer
2. A2Hosting Negatives
- A2 Hosting’s managed plans are more expensive.
- The uptime statistics of A2 aren’t ideal.
- A2 technical support has the opposite.
3. A2Hosting VPS Prices
However, you will be subject to increased charges once your discount period has expired. That is common practice in the industry. Unmanaged virtual private servers start at $6.99 per month for the starter plan. (The renewal price is $8.99).
Knownhost provides different hosting services, including standard, VPS, and even cloud hosting. They also offer managed and unmanaged VPS cheapest, but the fully managed price is high.
KnownHost’s unmanaged packages provide a reasonable and cost-effective choice for those comfortable with Linux. Knownhost has more negative feedback for their support, Trustpilot, and other comments. Also, customer support is only via tickets. Their knowledge base page has a lot more information.
1. Knownhost VPS Features
- DDoS protection
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Instant Setup and Full Root Access
- LiteSpeed is available for a reasonable monthly cost.
- You can expand or reduce your VPS resources.
- Two dedicated IP address
- You can brand your server with a white label.
2. Knownhost Negatives
- Only the US and Amsterdam Data Centers
- Control panels and operating systems are limited.
- No Windows
- Support isn’t great.
- The user interface appears to be outdated.
3. Knownhost VPS Pricing
Prices start at $5.00. 1 Core CPU, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB Raid-10SSD Storage, and 1 TB Premium Bandwidth for unmanaged VPS.
There are four different pricing packages for managed VPS hosting, with the lowest one costing $40 per month. This plan includes 4GB of RAM, 75GB of storage, two cores, and 2TB of bandwidth.
7. MilesWeb Cheap VPS hosting India
MilesWeb is India’s most extensive Webhosting service, and cheap VPS hosting India the company is rapidly growing around the globe. It has six data centers worldwide (USA, Canada, UK, India, Singapore, Australia).
However, there is no guarantee for the fastest server, but its price is affordable. MilesWeb is a low-cost hosting service with many functions and offers four types of VPS hosting packages.
- Managed Linux
- Unmanaged Linux
- Managed Windows
- Unmanaged Windows
1. MilesWeb VPS Features
- SFTP & Complete Root Access
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Server options include Apache, Nginx, and LiteSpeed.
- You can personalize your VPS to your requirements.
- SSD-based disk
- JSP, Tomcat, Java, Node.js
- MySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB
- Datacenters Around the World
- There is no setup fee.
- Monitoring of Resources
- Configuration of the CSF Firewall
- Security patches and updates
2. MilesWeb Negatives
- Negative feedback about slow servers.
- Only long-term contracts are eligible for discounts.
- Technical support isn’t great.
3. MilesWeb VPS Prices
The price is for unmanaged Linux: 02 CPU, 2 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD Disk, and 500 GB bandwidth for $10 per month. Managed Linux costs $12 per month and includes a CPU, 2 GB of RAM, a 50 GB SSD disk, and 500 GB of bandwidth. Cheap VPS hosting India
Hostinger offers an extensive range of web services, but the renewal price is too high. According to w3techs.com, Hostinger is used as a hosting service for 1.2 percent of the entire website.
Hostinger’s servers are spread across the globe, including in the United Kingdom, the United States, Brazil, the Netherlands, Singapore, Indonesia, and Lithuania. Read Additions – LiteSpeed Hosting Providers
However, I do not recommend these kinda Web hosting providers with slow servers and poor TTFB. Renewal prices on Hostinger can be up to 300% more than discount prices, so if you receive a $10 monthly contract with a discount, the renewal price could be $20 or $30.
1. Hostinger VPS Features
- Dedicated IPv4 and IPv6 IPs included.
- Root access control over your server.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
- Weekly backup VPS automatically.
- Worldwide data centers.
- Support is available on live chat.
- SSD disks and Intel Xeon processors.
- Five Linux operating systems.
2. Hostinger Negatives
- Only provide Linux VPS hosting.
- Hostinger had several uptime issues got many bad reviews.
- The renewal price is too high for the exact industry.
3. Hostinger VPS Pricing
The pricing ranges from $3.95 for a 48-month subscription and $9.95 for one month (1 core, 1 GB of RAM, 20 GB of storage, 1 TB of bandwidth).
Namecheap is well-known as a domain registrar. They began in 2000 and now offer a variety of crucial web products and services, such as hosting, security, SSL, CDN, email, and more. According to w3techs.com, Namecheap is a hosting provider for 1.2% of all websites.
Namecheap guarantees 100% uptime with all WordPress, shared, and dedicated servers. However, VPS hosting has some downtime, but not much. Numerous simple-to-follow instructions covered basic questions and advanced ones.
Since phone support is not offered, you can reach the support team through live discussion or a ticket. It’s all simply accessible from your panel. Read Additions – Copy From Protected Website
1. Namecheap VPS Features
- Root access to your server
- Support is available 24 hours.
- A Dedicated Internet Protocol (IP)
- Money-back guarantee during 30 days
- VPS is made to scale with you at all times.
- You can transfer existing websites for free.
2. Namecheap Negatives
- You have to pay for extra disk space, backup, bandwidth, and Cpanel.
- Phone support is not available.
- They only have data centers in the US and the UK.
- The uptime was not as good.
3. Namecheap VPS Prices
The monthly price starts at $11.80 with their Pulsar plan.
10. Cloudways – VPS Alternative
Cloudways is not a VPS provider but an alternative to a VPS; you can use cloud hosting. Using cloud hosting has several benefits. Cloudways is an excellent alternative to VPS for people who want their websites in the cloud. Need more about Cloudways? Please read my review of Cloudways.
Cloudways has access to more than 60 data centers around the world. So you can figure out which locations are close to your essential visitors. Their hosting is a cost-effective option, with 1 GB of RAM and 1 CPU available for around $10 per month.
Cloudways provides a free two-day trial without the credit card information required. That is gorgeous for a newbie, but you won’t be able to use it on Google or AWS servers, but you can access Digital Ocean, Linode, and Vultr.
- A cloud hosting service that is fully managed.
- Five cloud servers and 60+ data centers
- At any time, whatever application can be added to your server.
- Vertical scaling for the server at any time.
- Get a free SSL certificate
- Pay-as-you-go only
- Domain management is simple.
- Latest and multiple PHP
- You can optimize your server’s drive.
- Specified files and databases can be cloned.
- You can move the server to another account.
- Excellent performance and decent TTFB.
- Minimal downtime and long-term stability
- Varnish and Redis, for instance, have built-in caching.
- You can’t reduce the server space with DigitalOcean.
- They do not provide email through their servers.
- They do not opt to purchase a domain name.
- More significant servers, higher prices
- The Breeze cache plugin isn’t great.
DigitalOcean pricing starts at $10, offering a cost-effective solution for newbies. Vultr’s price starts at $11, giving it a low cost to get started. AWS prices are roughly $37, which is not suitable for startups.
VPS vs Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting is better than VPS hosting, in my experience. Also, that ensures that the website is not reliant on a single server. If one of the servers does not respond website will forward to another server. Cloud hosting is always the ideal alternative if you want your website to have 100% uptime.
We cannot guarantee VPS uptime, and your failure will make unmanaged services uncertain. While VPS server is ideal for sites with fixed monthly traffic because you can regularly increase resources. Cloud computing is excellent for websites with unpredictable web traffic situations changes.
Then you can expand your resources immediately. Cloud hosting operates in data centers with various servers and several backups to prevent failure. If you quickly want more capacity, cloud hosting can expand to fulfill your needs, and you are not limited by the physical limitations of a single server.
Virtual server and cloud hosting both provide decent customization. Both options also offer to scale, even if in diverse situations. You can scale up or down your VPS resources, including bandwidth.
A Simple Explanation Of Unmanaged VPS Hosting
In an unmanaged VPS, users are responsible for server activities such as maintenance and management. Since server management is entirely your obligation, you will need to spend close attention to the server.
You will be responsible for fixing any technical problems because you are in charge of the entire web server. The hosting company is only concerned with the physical server’s management. Unmanaged hosting may be the optimal choice for those with genuine technical knowledge.
After a short setup process and system setup, all VPS operations are totally in the user’s management. You have resources, such as memory, CPUs, space, and bandwidth. There are no additional features or facilities offered.
A Simple Explanation Of Managed VPS Hosting
You didn’t have to worry about server-related responsibilities like maintaining and managing your host with a managed VPS. Your hosting service provider will handle all server operations.
Managed VPS hosting includes a control panel that makes it simple to control your website. You can use the control panel to manage your website, transfer files, set databases, and analyze performance, among other things.
Managed VPS is another hosting service like cloud and shared hosting, but physical is the same as unmanaged. You can understand that with an unmanaged VPS, you need to manage all things, but with a managed VPS, your provider does that for you.
Why Should You Stay Away From Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting is the most common choice for those creating their first website. Many shared hosting providers target small publishers, blogs, and other modest activities.
Once you subscribe to hosting services, your website will be hosted with thousands of other websites on a single server. That means every user has split the server’s resources, such as CPU usage, RAM, and storage capacity, with all other users.
Shared hosting is the most affordable solution. Nevertheless, you see that you pay for shared hosting in this situation, which comes with many drawbacks. Your website’s loading speed might decrease due to the many other websites hosted on the same server.
There may be overload problems if there is a lot of traffic. Due to a lack of capacity and bandwidth, scaling is complicated. You have no idea who is on the same server, so if any site has a security flaw or is attacked, it could harm yours.
Shared hosting is OK if you have a small or hobby website, but as your website expands, you will need to upgrade to a higher-performance option such as VPS, Cloud, or even Dedicated hosting.
Recap of the VPS Cheapest Hosting
Virtual Private Servers are practical VPS Cheapest web-hosting options. Although numerous low-cost VPS hosting options are available, choosing the proper one can be challenging. Indeed, a few well-known and trustworthy industries offer low-cost VPS plans.
You can find VPS hosting for under a few dollars per month. Compared to other web host types, notably shared hosting. VPS hosting delivers high performance. You can also predict many options for creating a customized setup for your server.
Numerous providers, for example, will allow you to select the Os, This configuration may be uncomfortable for specific users, but it is frequently personally preferred by developers.
A standard VPS is generally more expensive than other alternatives because it includes extra reliable and effective equipment and Fast SSD and NVMe storage. But even so, with managed VPS hosting, the company will handle the vast servicing.
The drawback is that this hosting is generally more expensive than unmanaged plans, so there is less control and flexibility. I hope this article was helpful to you, and good luck in the future.